Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chestnut flour chocolate chip cookies

Hmm... my chestnut flour is almost finished. Half a package left. What goodies shall I bake? Well I've tried the Italian fritters, they were good but I am craving for something like cookies! I'd love to try out chestnut flour in chocolate chip cookies. And so I experimented and this is what I came up with. Try them! You will be licking the platter clean!

Ingredients


·      9 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
·      3/4 cup granulated sugar
·      Pinch fine sea salt
·      1 large egg
·      1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
·      2/3 cup chestnut flour
·      3/4 cup pine nuts
·      3 tablespoons raisins
·      Dark chocolate chopped in small pieces
·      Special Equipment: parchment paper

Instructions


Heat oven to 350º with rack in middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugar and salt. Mix in egg.  Add all-purpose flour, chestnut flour, pine nuts, chocolate and raisins; using clean hands, mix until just combined.

Lightly flour the palms of your hands, then roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet, then, using fingers, press each ball into a 2 1/2-inch round.

Bake, rotating pan once halfway through, until edges of cookies are golden, about 18 minutes. Transfer cookies, still on parchment, to wire rack to cool completely. 

2 comments:

  1. These cookies look YUMMY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad my chestnut flour is almost gone! and where will I ever find more?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...